Unstructured data is the data that does not follow a specific format. We can also define unstructured data as the information that does not have a pre defined data model or not in a organised manner. If 20 percent of the data available to enterprises is structured data, the other 80 percent is unstructured. If there is a chance to analyse this whole data, we can see this world from the different perspective!
Computer or Machine generated Unstructured Data
Satellite images : This includes weather data or the data that the government captures in its satellite surveillance imagery. Just think about Google Earth!
Scientific data : This includes seismic imagery, atmospheric data, and high energy physics.
Photographs and video : This includes security, surveillance, and traffic video.
Radar data : This includes vehicular, meteorological, and oceanographic seismic profiles.
Human generated Unstructured Data
Text data : Think of all the text within documents, logs, survey results, and e-mails. Enterprise information actually represents a large percent of the text information in the world today.
Social media data : This data is generated from the social media plat- forms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Flickr.
Mobile data : This includes data such as text messages and location information.
Website content : This comes from any site delivering unstructured content, like YouTube, Flickr, or Instagram.
There are many other data sources which may not be that big on its own. Above given data are the ones which generate really big unstructured data. Happy Learning! Happy Exploring!
Enjoy Reading This Article?
Here are some more articles you might like to read next: